Membership Rules, Terms & Conditions and information about your data
As a student of Cardiff Martial Arts, I understand that:
• a Martial Art is physical and will sometimes involve contact with instructors, students, competitors and
• there is a risk of injury in learning and practising Martial Arts.
• I shall not hold Cardiff Martial Arts or any of instructors or students liable for any injury that I may sustain
whilst learning and/or practising Martial Arts.
• I must abide by the rules of Cardiff Martial Arts, as set out here, should I be accepted as a member.
• my monthly training fee is based on a 48 week year. There are no classes on bank holidays.
• that as a parent of a student, I will not simply drop my child off in the car park, but take them into the
training hall, thereby ensuring that the class is running and preventing the child from being left without
proper supervision. I will also collect my child promptly when the lesson has finished.
• I must train on a regular basis in order to be eligible for a grading.
• grading is a privilege earned by regular training as well as successful improvement in technique and ability.
The opportunity to grade is not simply a right bought by monthly fees. Cardiff Martial Arts is committed to
promoting excellent martial artists and those students who do not fulfil minimum training requirements will.not be considered for a grade promotion.
• I will pay my monthly training fees by direct debit; there must be a direct debit in place for my space in the class to be guaranteed. If I cancel the direct debit my place in the class is void.
• After the trial period, I will purchase uniform and kit as laid out in the joining form. Only approved uniform and approved kit is allowed.
• From time to time, our fees will increase. We shall provide a reasonable notice period before making the increase, and you will be notified by email.
• During unprecedented times, such as a pandemic, classes will be held over video conferencing platforms, such as Zoom.
• I will give one months notice should I decide to stop training and it is my responsibility to cancel the
direct debit; should I forget to cancel, no refund will be given.
• All safety equipment (i.e. sparring gloves, boots, helmet etc) must be bought through the instructor. I understand that only approved equipment will be allowed.
Your Personal Data
Who we are
We are Cardiff Martial Arts Limited, the registered address for which is: Suite 22 Enterprise House, 126-7 Bute Street, Cardiff Bay, CF10 5LE.
What personal Information do we collect and what do we do with it?
We only collect and process the personal information that you provide us with. We do not obtain additional personal information from other sources. We do not share your data with any third party for marketing purposes. We need this personal data to manage your time with us as a student, whether that’s training, grading or competing. Unfortunately, if you don’t want to provide us with this information you won’t be able to become a student with Cardiff Martial Arts.
Where you are under 18 years of age, we will also collect and use personal information you provide about your
parent / guardian as our contract will be with them. We also ask you to provide personal information about someone we can contact in the event of an emergency.
Who we share your data with
We only share relevant personal information with other organisations (“third parties”) where it is necessary to enable you to take part in the activity, including where we use a service to manage your contract with us.
Cardiff Martial Arts uses a student administration system called Martialytics. The personal information you provide us with whilst a student is stored in this system, and we use this system to track your training including promotions.
Cardiff Martial Arts collects students training fees and other payments using Direct Debits. We share your name and email address with GoCardless Limited to enable them to contact you to set up your direct debit and collect your payments once you are a student.
Wales Taekwon-do Association (WTA)
Cardiff Martial Arts is partnered with WTA. We are required to register some students with WTA (e.g. those taking part in national events outside of club training) and this is a condition of training with Cardiff Martial Arts. We only share the personal information when necessary to register you. We share your name, date of birth and nationality.
International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF)
If you achieve your black belt in TaeKwon-Do we are required to register you directly with the ITF. We share your name, date of birth and nationality.
Further important information about how we process your information is available at http://cardiffmartialarts.com/privacy-policy
By signing this form you are entering into an agreement with Cardiff Martial
Arts and we will use your personal information in the ways we have described.